Reviews for “American Mojo”:
“Peter Kiernan is a man with a big vision—for the middle class.
In this robust and imaginative analysis of how the middle class must be secured he cuts through the fog and presents a clear vision for a new course.
— Tom Brokaw, NBC News
“This looks great!”
“This is THE topic of the moment in America….I love this book…it’s told through individual stories that sound fascinating… ”
— Stephanie Miller, nationally syndicated talk show host and best selling author
— Maria Bartiromo Fox Business News Anchor “Maria and Friends”
“This is a really impressive work– I really like how Kiernan provides practical solutions–there’s a lot of rhetoric out there but almost no talk about real solutions–“
–Mike Gallagher, Nationally syndicated radio Host of the Mike Gallagher Show
” A wonderful book..timely…very well written”
— Tyler Matheson, Nightly Business Report, PBS
” Peter Kiernan believes the American dream is NOT only found on Wall Street….What’s exciting about some of the ideas in here is that they are not left nor right but truly non- partisan…”
— Krystal Ball, co-host of “The Cycle” on MSNBC
Peter Kiernan has written the book that needed to be written—and read—right now. His documentation of how America’s middle class rose and is now teetering is the wake-up call this country needs to hear. His incisive storytelling, trenchant observations and clear-eyed solutions make this a must read.”
— Geoffrey Canada, president, Harlem Children’s Zone
“American Mojo” is a page-turner of a gripping story, one that reads like fiction but in fact weaves the drama of the breakdown of our healthy middle class. And then hope brims from the pages as Peter Kiernan guides us toward a truly possible future where the jewel of our nation, our middle class, could actually shine again for real. If you care about America, there is no more important book out there today.”
— Diana Nyad, Champion ocean swimmer, speaker, and activist for social good
Kiernan chronicles, in highly entertaining fashion, the American middle class’s rise over the course of the 20th century, as well as its currently imperiled state. Observing that “80% of the world’s purchasing power, 92% of the world’s economic growth, and 95% of the world’s consumers” are now outside the U.S., Kiernan asks whether Americans are in danger of being left behind. Each chapter begins with the story of a person who participated, and in some cases played a key part, in the progress of the American middle class, from the potato magnate who made McDonald’s possible, to Betty Friedan and her contribution to unleashing the economic potential of American women. The stories touch on many topics, including the post-WWII housing boom, the economic impacts of racism, the culture war’s origins in the late 1960s, and Reaganomics…. overall, this is a riveting read that sets out not to draw definite solutions from past successes and failures, but to educate the general readership with storytelling. (June)
— Publisher’s Weekly
Reviews for “Becoming China’s Bitch”:
“This is a GREAT book….everybody wants to talk to this guy– all the talk is around this book…he is changing the way people write books….I recommend this to anyone who wants to get the real skinny on China..”
— Neil Cavuto, Fox Business News
Neil Cavuto — Fox Business News
- This is a GREAT book
- Everybody wants to talk to this guy — all the talk is around this book
- He is changing the way people write books
- The title might sound like bluster but the book is not
- I recommend this to anyone who wants to get the real skinny about China.
- China knows you are on to them
Joe Scarborough– Morning Joe
- There I said it…this is an important book.
Tyler Matheson — CNBC Power Lunch
- I highly recommend this book
- It is well written and thought provoking
- Will you run for office? — part of the problem is people like you won’t run!
- The Book of the Week is BCB, by a former Goldman guy. We had him on the show ….he was good and the book is good too. That’s why we made it book of the week.
Fran Tarkenton — Sirius Satellite Radio
- This is an absolutely fantastic book, I highly recommend, I read it this weekend and couldn’t put it down. it has all the key issues. he calls it as he sees it. Rush out and get this book. it is fabulous.
Chris Matthews — MSNBC
- Peter Kiernan, you’re a pretty tough guy.
Larry Kudlow — CNBC
- Provocatively titled best seller
Dylan Ratigan — MSNBC
- Street Smart
Judith Reagan — Sirius Satellite Radio
- I love this book. It covers so much. It’s thoughtful and it’s a great book
Gary Goldberg — Money Matters Radio Network
- Pay no attention to the presidential candidates or the pundits. Read this book. It will tell you what is going on in our country today.
New York Times Dealbook
- A rare feat for a first-time author.
- [Peter Kiernan is] a self-fashioned political pundit.